Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 027 - Final Fantasy XIII

Currently Burning: Blueberry Cobbler



I've been playing Final Fantasy games since Final Fantasy X came out. I've played VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, and XIII. I've recently been playing Final Fantasy XIII again because XIII-2 comes out on Tuesday! Final Fantasy games are independent of each other (except the direct sequels X-2 and XIII-2) so you don't have to play any of the previous ones to get the story.



FFXIII follows the story of 6 main characters (this is a theme constant in most FF games). Lightning (girl in the middle above) is the main protagonist. The other characters from left to right are Snow, Vanille, Fang, Sazh, and Hope. The girl on the far right is Lightning's sister, Serah, who plays a pivotal role in the motivation for both Lightning and Snow, but she isn't in much of the game. FFXIII-2 has her in a leading role.

The story is very immersing and is a high fantasy RPG. FFXIII got a lot of criticism because unlike it's predecessors was largely a linear storyline. There are many areas in the game that you cannot go back to once you go through them. I didn't like this aspect either, but it does have a very large world at the end to explore. The game is divided into 13 Chapters that each have a different setting. Chapters 11 and 13 are open exploration chapters.

While this isn't my favorite Final Fantasy game, I do like it. The battle system works really well and  even the linear storyline seems to fit the mood. This is a much darker game than ones in the past and it's nice to discover the plot along the way.

I'm super excited for Final Fantasy XIII-2 and I'm sure I'll do a review of it at some point :)

Now onto the daily review!



Blueberry Cobbler (4): While this is a good scent, I'm not sure if I would reorder it. I need to try more of her blueberry scents (blueberry cheesecake in particular) before I decide for or against it. The cobbler scent in this is REALLY good so I do like that. Victoria has several cobbler scents that I'm also eager to try. The throw on this one is pretty strong.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment