Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 007 - Banana Bread

Currently Burning: Fruit Salad

I have some bananas that I kind of forgot about. I found them today and they happen to be PERFECT for banana bread! I looked up a recipe and I'm going to use this one. I'm really excited because I've never made banana bread myself. I do love to bake though! I had to run to TJ Maxx first because I didn't have a bread pan - at least I think I don't. Last time I thought I didn't have any pie plates, and I ended up with 3 :/

Start by preheating the oven to 350. The recipe says that I don't need a mixer, so I'm just going to throw everything in together in a bowl. Here's all the ingredients we'll need.



First, mash 4 bananas in a medium bowl.



Mix 1/3 of a cup of melted butter into the mashed bananas.



Mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 beaten egg, and 1 tsp of vanilla into the banana mixture.



Add 1 tsp of baking soda and a pinch of salt and mix well. Finally add 1 1/2 cups of flour. Pour mixture into a buttered bread pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.



Here's the final product.



Slightly burned :( My oven can sometimes be a little finicky but it still tastes really good :)

Other than that today has been pretty uneventful. I'm finally forcing Roman to buy a new mail key since he lost it 2 weeks ago. Pretty much a lazy Saturday other than that. Tomorrow should be another CBV post, but I need to decide which topic I'm going to cover. Now onto the daily review!



Fruit Salad (3): This is a super sweet scent. It doesn't really smell like a fruit salad to me, but it does kind of smell like the the sweet sauce that's in the fruit salad. I probably won't buy this one again. It also smells almost exactly like Summer Sorbet (another one of her scents) to me.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment