Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 002 - I Caved

Currently Burning: Monster Mash

So...I did it. The CBV Newsletter came out yesterday, and I hadn't read it before I made my post yesterday. Once I did get around to looking at it yesterday evening, I noticed that CBV was having a 15% off sale for the first 2 days of January.  Now, I already had a list prepared for what I wanted, but I was going to wait until February to actually order it (I know she usually has a pretty good sale for Valentine's Day). However, 15% off was too good for me to pass up, so I went ahead and placed my order early.

Once it comes in, I'll do a full haul and review the scents as I burn them. I ended up ordering a 22oz Tureen, a Comfort Candle, a Black Label Candle, a 8oz sampler pack, a couple of minis, and about 30 scent shots.  Yeah so I went a tiny bit overboard, but I figure that since I'll have to review 365 scents by the end of the year, I'd better start adding to my collection! The turnaround time during sales can be up to 2 weeks, so I should get my order sometime in the middle of January. I got a few more Spring type scents so that will give them time to cure before I'll really be in the mood for them later in February/March.



Monster Mash (2): This is one of the Halloween themed scents released this past October. At first, I wasn't really sure if I would like this scent, because it had a very strange note to me on cold throw. After I put it on the warmer, I figured out what it was that I didn't like about it. Monster Mash is a mix of blueberry, Granny Smith apples, and a bunch of bakery notes. To me, the blueberries and granny smith apples don't go together very well. I have another of Victoria's blueberry scents, and I do like the blueberry note in that one, so maybe I just don't like the Granny Smith apple scent. The scent throw is very strong on this one, and definitely filled up my entire apartment. While the scent wasn't horrible to me, it will not be a repurchase.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment