Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 049 - Candles by Victoria February Haul #2


Currently Burning: Butterfly Kisses



I swear this is the last haul that will be on here until at least April. I really need to work through my stash because it's getting a little out of hand. I think at this point, I have enough scents to continue to do a different scent review every day until like the middle or end of May. That being said, here's my February Haul #2 from the Superbowl Sale!


I love these stickers that Victoria puts on the boxes. Just an extra cute touch that helps to show you that they are homemade. For today's haul I got another comfort candle, a 4oz candle and 15 scent shots (plus the freebie!) I'll start off with my free scent shot:


Hyacinth
Another free one that I wouldn't have immediately picked. Victoria has a ton of floral and fruity fragrances that only feature one flower/fruit. I'm always glad to try new fragrances that aren't on my list so this one will be great for Spring. My mom really loved it so I'm excited to see how it is once it finishes curing.


The 4oz candle I got was in Stress Relief. I really did like this scent and I've reviewed it on this blog before. It's just a really relaxing fragrance so I'm excited to burn this when I get stressed out. I really wish I could burn these at work, but since I work in a shared space that really isn't an option.


This is the Sinful Strawberry Shortcake comfort candle. This thing is too cute! Also the wax is really piled on there so I'm definitely going to have to put a plate under it when I burn it to avoid getting wax all over the table. I think I may take out the big heart in back and just use it as a regular tart. Here's a close up of the cuteness:


Those are real pink sugar crystals on there too! The scents in this are strawberry cheesecake and graham cracker crust. It smells good now, but if it's anything like Momma's Peach Cobbler then it will knock my socks off here in a couple weeks. Now onto the scent shots (divided by category of course)


Fruity/Floral
  • Berry Me Alive
  • Wild Cherry
  • Strawberry Taffy
  • Watermelon & Lime
  • Cherry Candy Cane
  • Honeysuckle Jasmine

Tropical
  • Balinese Breeze
  • Palm Island
  • St. Lucia

Bakery/House Blends/Drinks/Perfume
  • Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jam
  • Maple Bacon
  • Sonny & Cher
  • Wood Nymph
  • Champagne Pomegranate
  • Lovespell
Overall I'm definitely pleased with this order. Since it was the 30 minute Super Bowl sale, I didn't have a whole lot of time to plot, so I just threw in stuff that was on my list. Kind of a random assortment but with the initial cold throw there's only a couple that I don't care for (Maple Bacon is VERY different from the normal candle smells lol).

Candle freeze has officially started...let's see if I can last through March (please no crazy sales Victoria!!!)

Now onto the daily review!



Butterfly Kisses (5): I originally ordered this candle because my 9oz Bella Swan candle was almost gone. In the scent shot form, I thought that it smelled really similar to Bella so I went ahead and got a 16oz of this one. I really do like this scent a lot, but after burning the candle I realized that this one and Bella smell really different. They both have lilac in them as the strongest note, but Bella has a grape note in it that is missing from this one. It may have been Twilight (mixture of Bella and Edward) that I was thinking of, because Butterfly Kisses also has Honeysuckle in it. It's a really nice floral and I usually keep it in my bedroom. I'm not a huge fan of the jar size, but I'll go more into that in another post. I would definitely reorder this one once it's gone in a smaller jar size.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment