Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 045 - Valentine's Day Breakfast


Currently Burning: Country Bumpkin


Since today was Valentine's Day, I decided to get up early and make Roman breakfast in bed. I went with pancakes and bacon.


Start with 2 cups of Pioneer pancake mix and 1 1/2 cups of water.


Stir until mixed well. If some lumps are left that's ok because it will make the pancakes fluffier.


I tried using my heart shape mold to make the pancakes. The first was a disaster because I forgot to grease the mold.


Attempt #2 was much better.


For the bacon, I put brown sugar on it to give it a nice glaze. I baked it (rather than frying it) at 400 for about 15 minutes.


Final product! I was really happy with the result :) It also tasted really good and it's great to wake up to breakfast :)

Now onto the daily review!


Country Bumpkin (4): This is a spicy, bakery scent. It has cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. It also has candied yams, marshmallow, apples, butter, and brown sugar. I mostly just smell the spice. Not really my favorite, but definitely good for the fall/winter. I think this would be the perfect November scent since it has the spice but isn't heavy on pumpkin. I might order this in a candle once fall rolls around.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment