Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 059 - Cowboy Stew


Currently Burning: Who's that Lady



This is the easiest dish to throw together! This is the second time that I've made it and I really enjoy the way that it turns out. While I'll concede it's not be most glamorous looking dish, it really does taste great!


Start off by browning 1 lb of ground beef over medium heat in a medium-large stock pot. After it has browned, drain off the excess liquid (I skipped this step because I was using extra-lean ground beef). Add salt/pepper to taste.


Mix in 1 (10 oz) can of tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel)


Stir in 3 (10 3/4 oz) cans of minestrone soup


Add 2 (15 oz) cans of Ranch Style Beans


Stir in 1 (15 1/4 oz) can of whole kernel corn.


Add 1 (14 1/2 oz) can of diced tomatoes.

Simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes or until heated through.


I love how easy this is to throw together if you don't have a whole lot of time. It also makes a LOT of stew (serves 10) so prepare for leftovers! You could totally make this in a crock pot too since after you brown the meat, there really is not cooking involved.

Now onto the daily review!



Who's that Lady (2): This one does not want to agree with my nose. I do like it better now than I did a few months ago, but it still doesn't quite sit well to me. It is a VERY strong and pungent perfume. Perhaps it wouldn't be as pungent if I only melted 1/4 of a scent shot, but with 1/2 it's overwhelming. I won't be reordering this one. I think Victoria said this is a dupe of a Calvin Klein perfume.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

1 comment:

  1. Now that sounds delicious. We've been on a soup/stew kick for the past two weeks, we need to give this one a try!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete