Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 047 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Currently Burning: Calypso Island



Even though I didn't start watching Buffy until it was almost off the air, this was my favorite show when I was in High School. I currently own all but the last season of this show. This is one of those cult classics that has a religious following. It was on the air for 7 seasons with an 8th season as a comic series. It also spawned a spin-off called Angel that picked up after the 3rd Season.

It follows the story of Buffy, a teenage girl who has to come to terms with the fact that she is the Slayer. She fights Vampires, Demons, and other evil beings throughout the series. In addition to the supernatural stuff, Buffy struggles with trying to be "normal." Eventually she realizes that this cannot be, but it takes awhile.

If you've never seen this show, get out and watch it from the beginning. The writing is generally pretty good and the characters are amazing. Can't recommend it enough!

Now onto the daily review!



Calypso Island (1): This is a tropical scent. I really do not like this one. It isn't so horrible that I had to immediately shut off my burner, but I would never get this one again. It has a ton of different floral notes in it, but one is really, really strong and I'm not sure what it is. The throw is also really strong so that doesn't help.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment