Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 042 - CBV February Haul 1


Currently Burning: Witch's Brew



I put Haul 1 at the top of this post because this is the haul from the February 1st sale. I also placed an order during the Super Bowl, so that should get here this coming week (or early next week). I've promised myself though that unless there's a crazy 25% off or more sale in March that I'm going to hold out until April. I really need to go through my stash because it is out of control. I'll probably do a stash post once I get my 2nd February order in.


This time I left a note on my door telling UPS to leave it so I wouldn't have to worry about waiting an extra day. Last time it got here was Martin Luther King Jr. Day so I had the day off.


The usual 10% off coupon was on top of the box (which I had to immediately rip into upon walking in the door!) This time around I got 1 Black Label Candle and 31 scent shots plus 1 freebee (I meant to only get 30, but somehow I ended up with an extra in my cart).


I really appreciate the care that Matt takes when wrapping candles. I've found that the Black Label jars are a little more fragile that her other jars because the glass isn't as thick. The way Matt wraps them though, they have a very little chance of breaking (my Godfather is slightly cracked at the top, but it isn't too noticeable.


This time around I got Manhattan, which is a floral/earthy candle. I'm holding out judgement on this one until it finished curing. I wasn't crazy about Godfather at first, but after a few weeks it was pretty dang good. So far I smell musky perfume so I'm hoping more notes will come out as it sits.

For scent shots I thought I would break it up into what type they are.


Fruity
  • Birds of Paradise
  • Mango Tangerine
  • Strawberry Kiwi
  • Enchanted Apple
  • Raspberry Violet
  • Grapefruit Cooler
  • Exotic

Bakery
  • Vanilla After Dark
  • Raspberry Peach Cobbler
  • Frosted Lime Cupcakes
  • Blueberry Cheesecake
  • Fudge Brownie
  • Bear Claws

 Floral
  •  Chantilly Lace
  • Neroli Blossom
  • Plantation Breeze
  • Breath of Ireland
  • Cleopatra's Closet
  • Lei Flowers

House Blends
  • Pink Noel
  • Georgia Summer
  • Mermaid Kiss
  • Tomahawk Memories
  • Indonesian Delight
  • Twilight Woods

Others
  • Strawberry Margarita (Drinks)
  • A Bit of the Bubbly? (Candleman's Closet)
  • Raspberry White Mocha Latte (Coffee)
  • Sugared Spruce (Earthy)
  • Cabernet (Drinks)
  • French Quarter (Earthy)

 Free Scent Shot: Honeydew Melon - I was glad I got this one because it wasn't on any of my lists! Always glad to try brand new scents!!!

Overall I thought it was a pretty good haul. I got a lot of scents that have been on my list for a long time as well as some that I've only recently added. I made my order by getting 15 off of my "Must" list (turned into 16 somehow...), 10 off my "Should" list, and 5 off my "Might" list.  I was most excited for my 2nd Black Label Candle!! I'm excited about this week too because I ordered another comfort candle that I can't wait to share!

Now onto the daily review!



Witch's Brew (3): At first this smelled like Amoxil liquid medicine on cold throw (almost like a weird bubblegum smell). Her description lists it as apple cider with orange, pineapple, peach, cranberry, cinnamon, and vanilla. This was 1 of the 4 Halloween themed scents that came out in October. I smell mostly apple cider, but the other fruits come out as well. It's nice, but not my favorite and probably not a reorder. The throw isn't super strong either.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment