Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 056 - 16 oz. Candles


Currently Burning: Cashmere


 Continuing with the review of CBV Candle sizes that I started a couple weeks ago, I thought I would talk about 16 oz. candles. I currently only own 1 16 oz candle in Butterfly Kisses. This is the largest candle that's available in the sampler packs of 6. I honestly don't really care for this size. It takes a good 5 or 6 hours to reach a full melt pool. This is about twice as long as an 8oz or 9oz candle. Also, the throw is not that great, because the scent door is small compared to how much wax it has.


I'll probably never order this size again because the scent throw on these is pretty low. If I want a big candle, I'll either get a tureen or a Love, Victoria candle (maybe mustard jar). The candle does burn clean if you give it time. My 16oz is about half way gone so I've burned through quite a bit of it.

The other thing this size is good for is Create a Scents (CAS). Victoria allows people to mix any 2 scents into a new one and call it whatever they want. The option to do this is only available in the 16 oz, 22 oz tureen, and the Love, Victoria (18 oz) sizes.

Bottom Line: This is not my favorite jar size. You do get a lot of wax for the money, but the burn time is just too long for me to actually use this often.

Now onto the daily review!



Cashmere (3): This is a perfume scent. To me, it smells like a perfume that an older woman would wear. It reminds me of someone's mom's perfume. I don't believe it's a dupe of anything, but it is a nice scent. It's not overpowering so that helps. I probably will not order this in a candle, but it's not bad. The throw is pretty light as well.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment