Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 080 - Pesto Pita Pizzas


Currently Burning: Cleopatra's Closet




This recipe is adapted from my friend Tara again. Her original post is located here. I doubled the recipe and changed a few things around from her original post.



Preheat the oven to 425. Take 4 whole wheat pitas and slice them in half. Bake them at 425 for 4 minutes on a cookie sheet.



While baking, mix together approximately 2 cups of Ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.



Take the pitas out of the oven and spread the cheese mixture over them.



I then added about a tablespoon of sun-dried tomato pesto to the top of the cheese.



Place back in the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Now onto the daily review!



Cleopatra's Closet (5): This is a really gorgeous blend of florals with a bit of fresh strawberry thrown in. Typically, I cannot really stand a single floral note because it becomes overpowering. I can get the strawberry once warm, as well as a bunch of floral notes that I can't really identify. I can definitely see myself getting a candle in this. The throw is also really strong on it!

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment