Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 066 - Pumpkin Muffins


Currently Burning: Daisy



This is my go to pumpkin bread recipe. I've been using this one for years. The full recipe is located here

First, add a 15 oz can of pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) to a mixing bowl.



Add 4 large eggs



Add 1 cup of vegetable oil and 2/3 cup of water



Finally add 3 cups of white sugar


 Mix until fully blended



In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups of flour,  2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.



Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just blended. Pour into a greased muffin tin. I use mini muffins because I like mine bit size, but you can use a regular muffin pan or even a bread pan (baking times will differ depending on pan size).



Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (mini muffins) or until a toothpick comes out clean.

These are even better the 2nd or 3rd day so bake ahead of time! I always keep mine in a sealed bowl to make sure they stay moist.

Now onto the daily review!



Daisy (3): This is a dupe for the Marc Jacobs perfume. I haven't ever smelled the perfume, but I like this scent. It's not a super strong thrower though like some perfumes which is good. I probably won't be ordering this in a candle, just because perfume scents aren't what I want my house smelling like all the time, but it is really nice.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment