Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 071 - Spring Cleaning, Daylight Savings Time, and Rain


Currently Burning: Fireside Romance



Today was sort of a blah day for me. I've been in a cleaning mode this weekend trying to get everything prepped for late spring. Yesterday I had the living room window open all day, but today it was raining for the greater part of the day. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE rain, but I can't really have the window open when it's pouring outside. I did get to open the window in between downpours so it wasn't too bad :)

Today also marked the beginning of daylight savings time which is great in the evening, but really sticks in the morning. It's nice to be able to look out the window after 6pm and not see the sun already setting. It's getting me excited for the longer days of summer!

Other than that we've just about wrapped up interviews for our summer student positions. One more on Tuesday and then we have to cut our applicant pool from 90 to 28. The coordinators have dubbed this "The Draft." Hopefully it won't be as intense as that, but I have seen it get kind of ugly. This will be my 5th year in that selection room so I tend to sit back and watch at this point.

Now onto the daily review!



Fireside Romance (4): This is listed under perfume/cologne, but I think it's more of a clean scent. It's funny, because I really do not like this scent when I burn it in the living room, but in the bathroom I love it. This sucker is strong though so it really overwhelms my bathroom. The description is "Smells like a sexy man...nuff said!" lol. I do agree that it is more on the cologne than perfume side, but like I said, it smells more clean than anything else to me. I've had this candle for almost a year and I've gone back and forth on whether or not I like it. I think I might order this one again, but I'm not really sure at this point.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Funny story about that scent...on the one and only trip to the CBV store, my daughter, who was 7 at the time I think, loved Fireside Romance, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I wish it would rain here. It was SO hot here today :( it's been ucky and windy for the past two weeks. You can send some of the rain here to Arizona! & I need to get some spring cleaning done myself!

    ReplyDelete