Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 112 - CBV April Orders


Currently Burning: Harvey Wallbanger



I placed 2 orders in the month of April. One was delivered on Monday, and the other came on Friday. 


Scent Shots (all free):


Kiwi Kicker - Reviewed before, it's really good. Smells exactly like kiwi.
Blueberry Monkey Bread - smells very similar to blueberry cobbler.  Only difference to me is blueberry monkey bread also has some cinnamon.
English Ivy - this one has green notes and is slightly clean. I also get the smell of artificial leather from it (kind of like things that are scented to be like leather rather than actual leather)




Sweet Treat
Hawaiian Colada - This is my first Sweet Treat candle. These are SO big! It's 14 oz of wax and the glass is hefty. The top layer of this one is Pina Colada and the bottom layer is Tropical Blast. It's a really good summer scent!




Black Labels
Mojito - This one smells like citrus hard candy. It's very sweet. I would say it's predominantly lime. 
Singapore Sling - This one is SO good!!! It smells like a lemon poppy seed muffin and cake batter. I can't wait to burn this one!
Brandy Alexander - This is one of the cologne type scents. I would say it's an older gentleman's cologne (maybe not grandfather). It does have a hint of leafy tobacco, not smoky at all though. 
Moulin Rouge - this has so many notes in it. It's bakery, citrus, spicy, and earthy. I would say it's predominantly bakery, but it does have all those undertones in it. It smells kind of like cinnamon bread with some other things in it.




CBV Surprise Candle - I've been wanting to try one of these for the longest time, but was always scared to in case I found a scent I loved. Victoria takes left over wax from making candles and puts it in an 8 oz jar. She doesn't know what the fragrances are, and some of them may be CAS combos. Mine has 6 layers. The top, pink layer is definitely White Nectarine & Pink Coral. I'll keep you all updated as I burn this one!!!


Video review to accompany this:




Now onto the daily review!



Harvey Wallbanger (4): This would be rated as a 5 if it had a stronger throw. It's really good though. I get some maple and sweetness out of it. I wouldn't necessarily say maple syrup, but maybe like maple frosting. It's really good and I can't see anyone not liking it. 

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment