Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 100 - The Hunger Games (Movie)


Currently Burning: Blue Sugar Cotton Candy



A little bit of a departure from Disney lol. I finally got around to watching this last week. I've read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire so I had a background going into the movie. To me, this movie was pretty good. It could have been way better on so many levels, but overall I thought they did a decent job of turning the book into the movie. I did like the commentary portion rather than the internal monologue of the book. 

I did not like how much President Snow and Seneca Crane were featured. I also wouldn't have minded it being rated R because the violence is really what makes the book so shocking. The movie was rather long at about 2.5 hours but they did a good job of including most things. They left out a few key characters, but nothing that can't be rewritten. I'm definitely going to have to see Catching Fire (even if I didn't like the first 1/2 of the book).

Now onto the daily review!


Blue Sugar Cotton Candy (4): This is a mixture of Aquolina Blue Sugar and Cotton Candy. I actually really like this one. I haven't tried either on their own, but this is a super sugary delight! I'll probably end up getting this in a candle at some point. The throw is pretty strong. 

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment