Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 140 - May 1st order (Candles)


Currently Burning: Singapore Sling



First off, look how huge this box was!


I was so excited to rip into it, but I had to wait a bit since the box came on a day that I wasn't really around home much.


Eventually I did get into it and got out all the goodies!!

For this one I'm only going to focus on candles. I'll post my scent shot review next week.


We'll start off with the CBV Surprise Candle. This one has 5 different layers as you can see. The top is something with Cherry...not sure at this point, but it's nice.


Next I have my Strawberry Angel Food Cake candle. I've been eyeing this one for awhile and finally decided to take the plunge. The top layer is fresh picked strawberries, and the bottom layer is angel food cake. The strawberry is very much a syrupy strawberry scent. It's nice!


I got my first 8 oz tureen in this order. I decided to go with the scent combination of Raspberry N Kiwi. I really love both scents and these little guys are just too cute!


I also picked up the last three Black Label candles to make my collection complete.
Earthquake - spicy cooking scent, but not bakery. Heavy on nutmeg, ginger, and all spice.
Tuxedo - middle-aged man's cologne. Almost like an Old Spice.
Salty Dog - Juicy Fruit gum, apples, and some cinnamon.


Next I got a 9 oz sampler pack.
Cleopatra's Closet - musky, more mature and deeper version of Bella Swan/Sophie Belle. Lots of floral notes and musk.
Enchanted Apple - Bath and Body Works Country Apple dupe. Nice, clean apple scent, kind of like a lotion.
Lei Flowers - Plumeria, White Ginger; smells like a fresh lei in Hawaii!
Wood Nymph - green skittles and fresh cut wood
Exotic - melons and berries. Similar to Tiffany-D, but I like this one a LOT more
Jacob Black - manly mix of pine, patchouli, sandalwood, ocean mist, woody notes. Heavier on the pine right now


And an 8 oz sampler pack:
Blue Sugar Cotton Candy - blend of Aquolina Blue Sugar and Cotton Candy. Very nice, sweet men's cologne type.
Love Potion No. 9 - smells like a mix of Bella Swan and Best Friends. Berries, sweet florals, and a hint of musk.
Raspberry Zinger - perfect mix of raspberry and lime.
Balinese Breeze - almost like an ocean/rain scent, but has a lot of fruits/florals in it. Very much like a tropical breeze.
Love Birds - Mix of Lovespell and Birds of Paradise. The harshness of the lovespell perfume is toned down by the creaminess of the birds of paradise. Love it!
Raspberry Violet - Awesome blend of tart raspberry and sweet violet. All-time favorite fruity scent!

And the video for the candles!


I have 76 scent shots to review, so I'll probably do that next week :)

Now onto the daily review!



Singapore Sling (5): This is what lemon pound cake is supposed to smell like. It's got that buttery pound cake that dominates the scent, with the lemon support in the base. Probably jumped to my favorite Black Label! Can't be without this scent.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

2 comments:

  1. Does Cleopatra's Closet have that grapey note that Bella Swan has? I haven't tried a BS from Victoria's, but my CBVBAB soap is heavy on the grape. I thought I would like CC but I won't if it's grapey like BS.

    Wood Nymph sounds right up my alley! Sorry to report that my husband didn't like the Alabama Slamma. . . I like it but not enough to invest in a Black Label. I think he thought it was overpowering (but Campfire is super strong, so I don't know what his deal is.)

    Thanks for another great review! I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope no grape to report in Cleo's closet! Just florals and musk. Sad about Alabama Slamma, but it definitely will knock you out!

      Delete