Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 260 - CBVBB September Haul

Currently Burning: Tropical Temptation


I made my first CBVBB order since June! I was really excited to try some of these that I've been wanting for awhile :)


To start off, I got a back up of Berry Me Alive. I adore Melissa's version of this scent and I knew that I had to pick up another since my first bar is almost gone! This smells like a really creamy orange with some cotton candy mixed in. CBV Berry Me Alive smells mostly like cherry.


Melissa sent me a sample of Love Potion No. 9

I also got a full size bar of LP#9. I really like this one, but it doesn't smell dead on for the CBV scent. It smells a lot like the Bella Swan soap as opposed to LP#9. Of course, I think that LP#9 smells like a combo of Bella Swan and Best Friends so that might be why lol.

Next, I picked up a DKNY Delicious bar. This is a dupe for the DKNY Be Delicious perfume and smells like a perfumy apple type scent. I do think that this one is good for girls and guys though because it's heavier on the apple than the perfume note.

I've been curious about Tiffany-D for awhile. I had the scent shot a long time ago, but didn't really care for it because I'm not big on Honeydew Melon. It's a combo of vanilla, honeydew, watermelon, and cotton candy. This is really nice! I got the bar because I tend to like that a little better than the rounds, but Melissa offers it in both sizes :)

Blackberry Amber is one that I had never tried from CBV before. I'm not really a fan of this one right now. It's a dupe for a BBW fragrance and smells like amber and musk. I don't really get any blackberry out of it.

Lemon Meringue is another one that I had not tried from CBV before, but I love this one! It's a really nice lemon with a good pie crust type note in the background. Most bakery scents haven't transferred well to soap form for me, but this one is awesome!

Melissa wanted to do a Mango Sorbett soap, but the oil was too expensive so she went with the next best option, Mango Smoothie. I LOVE this one!! The strongest note I get is orange, but it has a really juicy mango and some other fruits in there as well. This one is going to be AMAZING in the shower!

Barefoot in Blue Jeans was a customer creation by Deb and it's a combo of Blue Sugar Cotton Candy and Sexy in Stilettos. This one smells predominantly of BSCC but I do get some Lovespell as well! It's awesome and I love both scents individually so I knew I would love this one. It's a little smaller than I thought it was going to be, but the little yellow feet are too cute!

Faerie Ring is another customer creation by Jandre. It's a combo of Apples & Oaks and Raspberry Violet. Another one that I love the two scents individually, but together it's amazing!!! Plus this one is too adorable with the little psychedelic mushrooms on top. Love it!

The last one I picked up is the one that I was most excited for because it is one of my top 5 scents. Banana Coconut Cream Pie did not disappoint!! When I first got it, it had kind of the same funky note that the other bakery ones have had, but smelling it a couple days later and that scent was gone!!! I love BCCP but I just wish the candle was stronger. Now I can smell like it in the shower!

Here's the video to go along with the written review :)


Now onto the daily review!


Tropical Temptation (3): This is a pretty good tropical scent. It smells like a lot of really sweet fruits with some pineapple and coconut. It's good, but really similar to a lot of the other tropicals.

Remember to keep those wicks trimmed!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment